For best performance, we recommend the following:
- Ideally, your rudder cables should exit the stern of your kayak 1-2″ below the bottom of the base plate of the mount, and at least 5 ” apart.
- If your rudder cables exit the stern of your kayak below this level, they should be at least 4″ from the midline to avoid any interference with the mount.
- If the spread of the exit points for the cables is less than 6″, raise the base plate above the stern platform at least 3/4″, to allow the motor cable to pass between the cables and under the plate.
- Bungee the rudder pedals to reduce slack in the cable.
- We recommend use of 1/16″ stainless steel rudder cables…and we prefer sliding-track pedals, like model K747600 from Sealect Designs.
Click here to go back